26. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight
27. Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains
all of the letters from the word "criminal." The second was William Jefferson Clinton.
28. Turtles can breathe through their butts.
29. Butterflies taste with their feet.
30. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the worlds nuclear weapons combined.
34. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
35. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
36. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
37. It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
38. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year, because when it was built engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
39. A snail can sleep for three years.
40. No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
41. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
42. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. SCARY!!!
43. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
44. All polar bears are left-handed.
45. In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
46. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
47. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
48. "Go," is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
49. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.
50. Almost everyone who reads this list will try to lick his or her elbow.